Billing & Insurance Policy
Our charges are standard fees relating to the type of procedure or examination performed. Our office participates with several insurance plans. We will bill these insurances directly. You will be responsible for any services that are not covered by your plan and also any amounts that are applied to your deductible or coinsurance.
If our office does not have a contract with your insurance company, as a courtesy we will submit your bill to your insurance company if you provide us with the necessary information to do so. However, the responsibility for the payment rests with you, regardless of your insurance coverage or status of your insurance claim. Payment in full is expected at the time of the service, unless other arrangements are made in advance. This helps keep our billing costs to a minimum and we, in turn, can pass these savings onto you by keeping our fees down.
Our practice accepts cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. You may contact our billing department at 717-741-4666, and select the option for billing, with any questions or concerns.
Dermatology Associates of York participates with the following insurance plans:
AETNA All products –
EXCLUDES: AETNA BETTER HEALTH
- Aetna Medicare
- Coventry of Delaware
- First Health
CAPITAL BLUE CROSS – PPO AND POS
EXCLUDES ALL HMO PLANS, Blue Journey HMO and Keystone HMO
- Medicare Advantage – Blue Journey PPO only
- Keystone PPO and POS Only
GATEWAY HEALTH PLAN
OPEN TO EXISTING PATIENTS ONLY
- Gateway Medicare Assured- open to all patients
GEISINGER GOLD – HMO AND PPO- Medicare Advantage Plans
HIGHMARK BLUE SHIELD PLANS – EXCLUDES THE FOLLOWING PLANS
- Major Events Blue PPO
- My Direct Blue EPO
- My Direct Blue Lehigh Valley EPO
- My Direct Blue Events EPO
- Railroad Medicare
SOUTH CENTRAL PREFERRED
- PPHN (Preferred Provider Network)
- Wellspan Provider Network – Tier 1
UPMC HEALTH PLAN
(All Commercial plans- HMO, PPO, POS, EPO)
EXCLUDES – UMPC FOR YOU , UPMC FOR KIDS
- UPMC For LIFE (Medicare Advantage) PPO AND HMO
- UPMC for LIFE DUAL (Medicaid Medicare Advantage)
- UPMC Community Healthchoices (Medicaid)
VIBRA HEALTH PLAN
Participation status is subject to change at any time. Please confirm participation status when calling to schedule an appointment.
Use of Outside Laboratories
In addition to the services we perform in our office, it is sometimes necessary to send your specimen to an outside laboratory. Our office primarily uses the following outside labs:
- Institute for Dermatopathology Philadelphia, PA 1-800-474-3376
- Bethesda Dermatopathology Laboratory Silver Springs, MD 1-800-967-8965
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Hershey, PA 1-800-356-9580
Depending on your insurance coverage, you may receive a bill from one of these laboratories. Please contact the laboratory directly regarding any bills that you may receive.